With the increased use of screens by children in their every day life, parents and teachers are concerned about the impact on sleep, ability to concentrate and excessive use. Digital technology is here to stay, so there is a need to “reset” and find balance in the digital world we live in.
What is Project Reset?
Project Reset is an initiative focused on engaging with the school community and parents to create awareness about digital well-being and how to build skills to create screen time balance, digital literacy and strong digital citizenship both in the classroom and with families at home.
To build opportunities for children, schools and families to discover digital well-being through education, advocacy, and community action.
Who are the Partners Involved?
How to Get Involved – Start the Conversation
- Make a commitment to addressing screen time balance in your school
- Incorporate the Project Reset lessons and activities into each grade level
- Work together to create a balanced and safe approach to how screens are used in your home
- Make and regularly review a family media plan
- Reflect on your own screen use
- Prioritize screen activities that are educational, active or social over screenPrioritize screen activities that are educational, active or social over screenactivities that are passive or unsocial
Printable & Sharable Resources
Parents – General Public Resources
- Project Introductory One Pager
- Family Media Checkup and Plan
- Data Infographic
- Cell Phone Data Infographic
Teachers – Resources and Lesson Plans
- Grade K-1 Lesson Plan
- Grade K -1 Lesson Slides
- Grade 2-4 Lesson Plan
- Grade 2-4 Lesson Slides
- Grade 5-6 Lesson Plan
- Grade 5-6 Lesson Slides
- Grade 7-8 Lesson Plan
- Grade 7-8 Lesson Slides
Interested in Project Reset? Contact A Prairie Mountain Health Representative!