Indigenous Human Resources
Indigenous Human Resources (Indigenous HR) is a unique component within Prairie Mountain Health Human Resources. Even though we provide support to all peoples regardless of their cultural heritage our primary objective is to increase the number of Indigenous people applying for, and obtaining employment with Prairie Mountain Health at all levels and within all areas of our organization.
Indigenous Human Resources provides services specially tailored to recruit and retain Indigenous employees so that in time we will have a workforce that representatively reflects the percentage of Indigenous people residing in our region.
It is important to note however, that we are neither an Employment Equity nor an Affirmative Action program.
Currently, Prairie Mountain Health Indigenous Human Resources Offices are located in Brandon, Dauphin and Swan River, Manitoba. We believe that our look and locations promote a stronger grassroots, community based service to all people, especially those who self-identify as Indigenous.
We work to develop stronger partnerships with Prairie Mountain Health employees, Indigenous leaders, community members, educational institutions, training facilities, unions, Elders, youth and professionals in an effort to encourage discussion and direction to better meet the needs of Indigenous people within the Prairie Mountain Health territory.
Prairie Mountain Health-Indigenous Human Resources can assist you in your efforts to secure employment with us by providing you with the following services:
- Provide you with information on current posting with Prairie Mountain Health
- Provide you with an application for employment form
- Provide assistance with resume and cover letters
- Provide you with information on criminal record check, child abuse registry checks and adult abuse registry checks.
- Assist you with areas such as interview skills and interview anxieties.
Indigenous Human Resources staff can assist with these or any other pre-employment questions and concerns you may have. Please recognize that our goal is to make sure that you are fully prepared when applying for one of our positions.
Prairie Mountain Health provides opportunities for employees and encourages them to participate in workshops and training sessions throughout the year. Examples of some of our past workshops and sessions are as follows:
- Indigenous Based Cultural Sensitivity Training
- Indigenous Traditional Medicine Workshop
- Respectful Workplace
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention
- CPR training
- Stress Management
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills training
- Food Safe
- And many more…
Prairie Mountain Health is committed to providing services that will contribute to improved health status of Indigenous people. Partnerships with the Indigenous communities are critical to ensure that services are culturally appropriate and needs driven.
Services provided include (not all services may be available in all areas):
- Indigenous Advisor
- Indigenous Spiritual Care Worker
- Indigenous Elder Visitations
- Indigenous Language Interpreters
- Indigenous Ceremonies
For more information regarding the services we provide please contact the Indigenous HR office nearest you:
- Dauphin – 204-638-5707
- Swan River – 204-734-6642