Private Healthcare Providers
Clients and families may work together with private providers for additional health care. Private providers are trained health care professionals who may hold a license with a regulatory body as applicable e.g. College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba. They provide a clinical health service and are not employed or contracted by Prairie Mountain Health (PMH).
Some examples of Private Providers include:
PMH recognizes and supports the choice of clients and families to hire and pay for additional health services within PMH sites/programs. PMH supports this client choice while at the same time promoting client safety, continuity of care, and minimizing organizational risk.
PMH staff is not involved in the recruitment or payment of private providers.
The Private Providers Provision of Health Care Services
This policy guides the safe provision of private health care provider services in PMH sites/programs operated and staffed by PMH. Please refer to the links below links for additional information.
- Private Providers Provision of Health Care Services Policy
- Private Providers Fact Sheet
- Client / Family / Alternate Decision Maker Fact Sheet
- Information and Agreement for Visitors on Business
- Waiver of Liability
Applicable PMH Policies:
- Conflict of Interest
- Routine Infection Control Practices
- Cleaning and Disinfection of Medical Equipment Devices (Critical, Semi-critical and non-critical) – R.CS.IC.120 (PMH, 2014)
- Respectful Workplace
- Single Use Medical Devices