In the Prairie Mountain Health Region (PMH), there are several cancer programs offering cancer treatments and services. The Community Cancer Programs Network (CCPN) is a provincial program of CancerCare Manitoba that works in partnership with PMH. It enables patients living outside of Winnipeg to receive quality cancer care closer to home.
The CCP’s and Brandon Western Manitoba Cancer Centre (WMCC) are outpatient units that provide chemotherapy treatments and follow-up care, and are located within or near the regional or community hospitals. In addition to chemotherapy treatments, the WMCC also provides radiation therapy services as well as radiation oncology expertise.
For more information on chemotherapy and radiation therapy, visit CancerCare Manitoba’s website.
All Community Cancer Programs have other available supports including Cancer Navigation services, Oncology Social Worker/Psychosocial Oncology Clinician and Registered Dietitians.
For more information on cancer navigation services, visit Cancer Navigation Services.
Community Cancer Programs
- Brandon (Western Manitoba Cancer Centre)
- Swan River
For more information on community cancer programs, visit the Community Cancer Programs Network.
Cancer Links and Resources
The following are weblinks and resources to assist you in your journey.
- CancerCare Manitoba
- CancerCare Manitoba screening programs
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Wheels of Hope Transportation Services
- Look Good Feel Better Workshops
- BC Cancer Agency
- Breast and Gyne Cancer Center of Hope
If you are needing assistance finding other resources or supports related to your cancer journey consider contacting Cancer Navigation Services.
Region Specific Resources
- Information on support groups, resources or upcoming events call
- Oncology Social Worker at 204-578-2206 (Brandon), 204-638-2198 (Dauphin)
- Patient Resource Room – Located in the Western Manitoba Cancer Centre and houses information pamphlets, a computer with internet access and other patient resources including wigs.
- PMH Home Care Program
- PMH Palliative Care
- PMH Mental Health
For any comments/concerns phone:
- Regional Manager Cancer Care: 204-578-2211
- Prairie Mountain Health Patient Representative: 204-578-2104 or toll free 1-800-735-6596
- CancerCare Manitoba Patient Representative: toll free 1-866-561-1026
Closing the Care Gap
Webinar: What to expect on your cancer journey
This webinar touches on cancer surgery, radiation and systemic therapy, what care looks like for pediatric patients, and psychosocial supports such as counselling which is available to patients and their loved ones.