Masks are mandatory in all facilities.
Visiting a Hospital
- Hospital visiting hours in Prairie Mountain Health are 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily.
- Masks are no longer mandatory EXCEPT in areas where precautions are needed, i.e. Cancer Care. Please watch for signs.
- If needed, masks will be made available at the doors of our facilities
- Upon entry, you will not be screened, however prior to arrival please self screen by using the online self screening tool
- Hand sanitize upon arrival and during your visit.
- If you are ill or feel sick, please do not visit.
- We ask to limit to only two (2) general visitors, per patient, at one time out of respect for other patients, our staff and due to space limitations.
- General visitors must come during visiting hours – 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily.
Please contact facilities directly for further visitation questions.
Visiting a Personal Care Home
- Effective May 10th 2023, masks are no longer mandatory
- If you are ill, feel sick, or have an undiagnosed rash, please do not visit until you are no longer experiencing symptoms
- You will be required to hand sanitize when you arrive
- The number of general visitors permitted per resident may vary, based on the site and location/room space
- If a PCH is experiencing any type of outbreak, NO general visitors will be allowed until the outbreak is declared over
Questions or Concerns
- If any questions or concerns arise, or you are looking for site/resident specific visitation information, please contact the nurse in charge at the PCH in which your loved one resides.
- Check the personal care home locations page for contact information.
- If you are unable to resolve your concern please reach out to:
- PMH Patient Relations:
- 204-578 2104
- Toll Free: 1-800-735-6596
- Email: email@example.com
We are committed to provide a safe home and work environment for our residents and staff. We are grateful for your continued cooperation and patience.
Infection Prevention & Control
To help prevent the spread of infection, if you or a family member are coming to a PMH facility to be assessed and/or admitted, please let staff know if you have any of the following signs or symptoms:
- New cough or shortness of breath
- Fever, chills or muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Skin rash
- History of previous diagnosis or infection with an organism resistant to antibiotics, for example MRSA or CPE
If you are visiting a family or friend within a PMH facility, you can help prevent the spread of infection and protect our clients, visitors and staff by the following:
- Avoid visiting if you have had one of the following in the past 24 hours:
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Fever and/or chills
- New or worsening cough
- New rash
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or hand sanitizer before and after your visits (click on the Hand Hygiene tab above for more information)
- Cover your cough or sneeze using a tissue or your upper sleeve – not into your hands. Discard used tissues into a wastebasket and clean your hands with either hand sanitizer or soap and water. Turn your head away from others when coughing or sneezing.
- To prevent the spread of certain types of infections the use of Additional Precautions may be required. If the individual you are visiting has an Additional Precautions poster on their door, please speak to a nurse before entering the room.