Travel HealthA5 – 800 Rosser Ave., Brandon, MB R7A 6N5 | Travel Health Guide
Going on Vacation? Planning a trip abroad?
The travel health clinic located in the Brandon Town Centre offers clients advice on recommended vaccines based on their travel destination.
We also administer the vaccines at the client’s request. The program also provides counseling as to how to best protect oneself when travelling, for example the use of insect repellent or mosquito nets.
The travel health team provides health information and immunizations to individuals travelling to foreign countries or working in professions that require adult immunizations for their occupation or educational requirements. Brandon Regional Health Authority offers pre-travel service for all travelers who want to stay healthy and enjoy their journey.
A Travel Health Nurse will provide consultation, education and immunization tailored to your travel destination.
It is best to book an appointment 6-8 weeks before travel. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
Call to book an appointment: 204-578-2521
*Please leave a message and your call will be responded to within 24-48 hours.
- Information on all health risks according to the country or region you will be travelling to
- Immunization services; including Yellow Fever vaccinations
- Information about preventing travel related illnesses, including malaria
Although most vaccines can be given on short notice, vaccines need time to become effective and provide you protection from disease. Some vaccines need to be given in a series and scheduled a month apart.
There is a fee for this service.
- Travel Health Clinic service fees are charged for each visit for all individuals or families for consultations, immunizations and official documentation.
- Clients meeting the eligibility criteria for immunizations provided free of charge by Manitoba Health will also be provided these immunizations at the Travel Health Clinic at no charge.
- Service for groups that are travelling together may be requested. (For example groups of 5 or more travelling to the same place at the same time or an occupational group.) We ask that every one commit to attending at the same clinic appointment time.