Volunteers Needed for Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)
The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is a free service to help low-income individuals with simple tax situations complete and file their income tax and benefit return.
Completing an income tax return can improve income by providing access to federal, provincial and local benefits and programs.
Fact: income and health are directly related.
Volunteers must meet the following criteria to be eligible to volunteer with the program:
- Have basic tax knowledge
- Experience completing simple tax returns preferred
- Comfortable using computer programs
- Able to commit a few hours per week during March and April
- In good standing with CRA for personal taxes
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a Canadian resident
- Must have a valid SIN
- Access to a secure computer and the internet
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (new volunteers)
Online training provided!
Volunteers are needed in the following communities for the 2024 tax season:
- Shoal Lake
- Ste Rose