Checking in for Appointments at BRHC
Effective Tuesday June 6, 2023
Anyone coming for an appointment, treatment, surgery or procedure in the following areas/clinics will be required to check-in/register at the new Central Registration Desk located in the West Atrium of BRHC:
- All Ambulatory Clinics (Stroke, Pain, Fracture, Prehab, Pediatric and Heart)
- Outpatient Care Unit (OCU)
- Surgical Services
- Pre-renal Clinic
- Adult Therapy Services (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Language, Neuropsychology)
- Pediatric Therapy Services (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Language)
- GI Unit (Endoscopy Services)
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pacemaker Clinic
- Maternity (SRMC)
- Prenatal Assessment Unit (PNAU)
There will be NO CHANGES to the following areas:
- BRHC Emergency Department (ED) – General public are to continue presenting to BRHC Emergency Department if they require immediate medical attention.
- Western Cancer Care (WMCC) – Patients with appointments for oncology treatments (radiation, chemotherapy, etc.) will continue to present to the main desk at WMCC .
- BreastCheck Screening – Patients with appointments through MB BreastCheck will continue to present to the clinic entrance outside of Nurses Residence (620 Fredrick) to register.
- Hemodialysis –
- Lab and Blood Services – Clients with lab appointments or require outpatient bloodwork will continue to present to Westman Lab located on the main level of BRHC.
- Diagnostic Imaging – Patients with appointments for Diagnostic Imaging will continue to present to BRHC Diagnostic Services Registration desk located at the front of Diagnostic Services on the main level of BRHC.
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Density
Cardiology (ECHO, ECG, Holter Monitor, Stress Test, EEG) – Information coming soon.
What you need to know about checking in:
When are the changes happening?
Tuesday June 6 2023. Central Registration Desk opens at 6am.
Why are the changes happening?
The system used to currently register patients is changing. This will allow for better appointment tracking, accurate system information and enhanced safety for our clients.
When should I arrive?
15-20 mins before your scheduled appointment time to allow for registration and check-in.
What should I bring?
Provincial Health Card or other form of identification if you don’t have and the letter your received about your appointment/procedure.
Where do I go?
The new Central Registration Desk is located in the West Atrium of Brandon Regional Health Centre. Upon entering the main doors of the facility, you will turn past the information desk. Signage will be in place to indicate directions.
What happens after I register and check-in for my appointment?
Once registered, you will be re-directed to the appropriate program location of your appointment/treatment/surgery/procedure.
What happens if I have multiple appointments on the same day?
Check-in with the registration desk 15-20 minutes prior to your appointment and advise the registration clerk that you have more than one appointment today.
Do I have to register every time I have an appointment?
Yes. Even if you have standing daily or weekly appointments for services, you will have to register at the central registration desk before every appointment.