NO VISITORS ALLOWED.
ONE essential care partner may have access for patients at all Prairie Mountain Health hospitals in the following areas:
Maternity Ward / NICU
Pediatric Ward - one designated support parent/person may visit every day.
End of life / Compassionate reasons - on case by case basis
Emergency Department - where the safety of the patient relies on the accompanying person (i.e. medical history or communication)
- In patients who qualify to have an essential care partner.
Essential Care Partner Guidelines
- Your name must be provided by the patient prior to your arrival.
- You must sign in at the time of your visit(s).
- Bringing, and wearing, a mask while in the facility is mandatory. You must wear your mask at all times while in the facility, including in the patient's room.
- You will be screened, when entering the facility, for assessment of symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19 and travel outside of Manitoba within the past 14 days.
- If you do not pass the screening guidelines you will not be able to visit the patient.
- Once you are screened it is important that you go directly to the patient's room, with no stops in between.
- All visitors must follow infection control measures including using hand sanitizer:
- Upon arrival at screening
- Prior to entering patient's room
- Immediately after leaving patient's room
- During your visit with the patient, please stay inside the patient's room and keep your mask on at all times.
- After your visit with the patient, please go directly out of the building with no stops.
- Remember to maintain physical distancing.
- You may bring items for the inpatient such as newspapers/magazines, cards, books, food, toys, electronic games, plants, and flowers. All items must be dedicated/intended for one patient only, and not shared amongst patients (i.e., single patient use).
Regular assessment by public health officials of the impact and evaluation of the need for adjusted visitor restrictions will continue as developments evolve. Once again, thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we take every measure to protect you, your loved ones and our staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Facilities may need to limit the number of visitors in a unit or in the facility at any one time and limits are at the discretion of the facility operator and will be clearly communicated to visitors.