- Travel Health Clinic
The Prairie Mountain Health Travel Health Clinic is located in the Brandon Town Centre. A Travel Health Nurse will provide consultation, education and immunization tailored to your travel destination. It is recommended that you see the Travel Health Nurse 6-8 weeks before departure.
Call 204-578-2521 to make an appointment.
- Communicable Disease Follow Up
Communicable diseases are a group of illnesses that can spread and make you very sick. You can acquire these diseases from food, water, animals and sometimes other people.
The communicable disease program in Prairie Mountain Health provides education as well as appropriate follow-up of these illnesses.
- Environment Health Services
- Public Health Inspectors - In coordination with the Health Protection Unit (Manitoba Health), the following programs & services are provided by Public Health Inspectors within the Prairie Mountain Health region:
- Arena air quality
- Communicable Diseases (Field investigations)
- Food Safety
- Health Protection Reports (public Disclosure systems)
- Personal Service Facilities
- Recreational camps
- Safe Housing
- Smoking in Public Places
- Swimming pool safety
For further details and to contact an office near you, please refer to the Health Protection Unit website.
- Exposure to lead in soil - In response to a recommendation from an external consultant report on lead in soil in Winnipeg (Intrinsik 2019 report) soil-report-summary-of-findings.pdf (gov.mb.ca), you can now find provinically developed information on the health effects of lead, sources of lead exposure and actions necessary for reducing exposures to lead. Click here to go to the Government of Manitoba website.
- Prairie Mountain Inter-Agency Hoarding Coalition (PMIHC)
The PMIHC is comprised of a variety of agencies within the Prairie Mountain Health region.
PMIHC provides collaborative leadership, assessment and coordination to respond to and prevent incidents of severe hoarding or domestic squalor. Where feasible, PMIHC will organize and provide public education about hoarding, disseminate contact information and offer support to families coping with incidents of hoarding and domestic squalor.
Currently, the Coalition secretariat office is located in the Brandon Provincial Building. Inquiries can be made directly to:The PMIHC Secretariat Office c/o Health Protection UnitRoom 349, 340 – 9th StreetBrandon, MB R7A 6C2 Phone: 204-726-7001
This program manages the delivery of immunizations throughout the life span based on Manitoba Health’s Routine Immunization Schedule. It coordinates the delivery of flu clinics and works with other programs in the event that mass immunization clinics are required.
Call your Public Health Office to inquire about flu clinics and other immunization clinics.
- Emergency Disaster Planning
Public Health Staff work with all health programs and other service organizations to offer care and support in times of disasters or emergencies, such as evacuations related to flood or fire.
- Healthy Schools
Public Health Staff partner with schools to promote healthy school environments.
- Public Health Notices/Public Health Inspectors
Public Health Staff work with Public Health Inspectors as required regarding communicable diseases associated with food borne illnesses.