The Nearly New Shop in Brandon has an opening for a full time employee.
7.5 hours a day, 5 days per week
Starting wage will be $ 17.50 per hour.
The Brandon Regional Health Centre Auxiliary raises funds to purchase specialized equipment needed in the treatment and care of patients in the hospital.
All of our profits go towards this goal and we are a registered charity.
The Nearly New Shop located at 601 - 9 St in Brandon is one fund raising enterprise of the Auxiliary.
Everything we sell has been generously donated by individuals and businesses.
There are over 70 volunteers working at the Nearly New with one full time employee. Our volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our great service. The employee we hire will demonstrate a strong desire to provide the same services the community has come to expect.
Responsibilities / Requirements
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Open and close the store each day. Complete the bank deposit form and prepare the float for the following day.
- Assist with scheduling of volunteers and ensure adequate coverage for each shift
- Computer literacy to provide a quarterly report to the Coordinators at their scheduled meetings.
- Ensure a safe, clean environment in the store for volunteers and customers
- Assist volunteers with the receiving, sorting and pricing of donations as needed
- Assist volunteers with the arranging and displaying of items in the storefront and work at the cash register as needed
- Ensure that the items placed on the floor meet the standards as outlined
- Ensure that new volunteers are thoroughly trained in the various areas where they will work and the duties they will perform
- Tactfully communicate changes in policies and procedures as necessary
- Move boxes (weighing up to 40lbs) of seasonal clothing, Holiday decorations etc to storage areas.
- Be resourceful, creative, flexible and able to problem solve.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references (one of which must be work related):
By Mail to
Nearly New Shop
#3 601 - 9 St
Brandon, MB R7A 4B3
By Email to
- You must include "Nearly New Assistant Job" in the subject line of the email.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- A security check is required prior to an offer of employment.