Child and Adolescent Crisis Stabilization Unit
The Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), is a 24-hour 10-bed unit that accommodates youth (10-17 years old) experiencing a wide range of crises.
Treatment at the CSU focuses on assisting clients and families to understand and resolve the specific crisis, while anticipating future problems and contributing factors.
CALL – 204-578-2700 or 1-866-403-5459 for questions and access.
How is someone admitted?
You can contact and Access Worker from 0830 – 4:30 to discuss an admission, or you will be directly connected to the unit to speak with the nurse after hours. If you are in distress and would like to talk to someone, but don’t know if you need admitted, call anytime to talk with qualified professional staff who will assist you with your problem.
Referrals for admission can be made by:
- School staff
- Child welfare agencies
Clients under the age of 16 must have the consent of their parent or guardian to access services.
Clients age 16 or older are able to provide their own consent for admission.
What Treatment and Services are Offered?
Services provided may include:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Psychological assessments
- Community transitioning
- Education and academic assessments
- Psychiatric assessments
- Recreational therapy
The CSU team consists of several different professionals including:
- Social Worker
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Nursing Aids
- Community Partners
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Clothes and personal hygiene items (enough for three days, laundry available). Please do not bring clothing with strings or ties, is revealing, or has negative sayings.
- Do Not Bring items such as: mirrors, flammable liquids, anything with long cords or glass, cell phones, cameras, etc. Belongings will be checked for these items on admission
- You can have no more than ten dollars with you. You may have the money locked up.
Visiting Hours & Contact
Family Only (parents must accompany children under 14 years old)
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
12:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Adolescent Phone Line: 204-726-9903