- Must hold a medicine degree from a nationally approved faculty of medicine.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba or selected by the IMG selection for the PRA MB-FP, received confirmation of eligibility for provisional registration from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment, work evenings and nights, cooperate with colleagues, manual dexterity, share in on call schedules with other physicians.
- CCFP preferred
- ACLS & PALS
Prairie Mountain Health is looking for 2 Family physicians to share a practice with experienced rural physicians.
Virden Health Centre is a 25 bed acute care facility and has two long term care facilities. The Sherwood nursing Home & Westman Nursing Home are both 50 bed long term care facilities. Services offered to the facility are Diagnostic, Emergency, Public Health, Mental Health, and Home Care Services.
- Duties to include: diagnose and treat the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients. They provide primary contact and continuous care toward the management of patients' health. This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Perform and assist in routine surgery
- Provide emergency care
- Provide acute care management
- Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Perform patient advocacy role
- Co-ordinate or manage primary patient care
- Provide continuous care to patients
- Report births, deaths, and contagious and other diseases to governmental authorities.
The Town of Virden is located 77 kilometers west of Brandon, Manitoba's second largest city, and 105 kilometers north of the Canada-U.S. Border. The Town of Virden covers an area of 3 kilometers (a little over one square mile), and is surrounded by the Rural Municipality of Wallace. Together, the two are known as the Virden-Wallace Community, a strong and dynamic team striving towards greater economic development and prosperity.
Criminal Record check, child and adult abuse checks, immunization records are required.
Compensation is derived from fee-for-service billing as per the current Manitoba physician’s manual negotiated in the Master Agreement between the Minister of Health and Doctors Manitoba.
Further remuneration to the physician by providing Emergency Department coverage. Remuneration for this would be in the form of on call stipends and fee-for-service billing as per the current Doctors Manitoba agreement for Basic A and Basic B Hospitals. Fees will be dependent on volume of services provided with income potential between $200,000.00-500,000.00
Competitive rate of overhead charged
Benefits are not provided but may be purchased if the successful candidate so desired.