|Adult Crisis Services – South||"Should I call North or South?"|
Toll Free 1-888-379-7699 or 204-725-4411
This service is known as Westman Crisis Services and works with adults in the former Brandon and Assiniboine regions, who are in a mental health or psychosocial crisis. We offer two services:
- Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Mobile Crisis Unit
These two units work together to provide you with the help you need. We will help you sort out the problems you are having and talk about choices. Our aim is to help you determine what you can do, and what assistance you need to help you. You make the decisions.
Our approach helps people to identify their needs, strengths and resources.
We believe that every person has a right to timely effective service that respects their choices.
How do I access Crisis Services?
- You are over 18 years of age
- You have symptoms of a mental health concern.
Signs to look for that may tell you that you need help:
- You are thinking about hurting yourself or someone else
- You are having trouble coping and it is effecting your job, health, or life in general.
- You have had something traumatic happen and you are having trouble getting over it
- You feel that you are getting worse instead of better despite medication
- You think you have anxiety, depression, or are hearing / seeing things that are not there.
What do we offer?
Mobile Crisis Unit (MCU)
MCU is a community-based service that is mobile – caring staff will meet with people in their own home, or another suitable place.
The Mobile Unit is available by phone 24 hours a day.
We help by:
- Helping you sort out problems
- Providing ideas, resources and support
- Suggesting ways to cope
- Identifying strengths
- Teaching about medication and illness
- Following up with your support system
- Discussing ways to stay healthy and athome
Our Team offers:
- Crisis intervention
- Telephone consultation
- Outreach services
- Short-term follow-up
- Links & referrals to community resources
- Support to family members and concerned
- Mental health/psychosocial assessments
We welcome calls or referrals from anyone concerned about an individual experiencing mental health difficulties. You can call yourself or have someone call for you.
Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU)
The Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) has eight beds for people needing a place to stay for a few days while receiving care.
Our team will help you develop a plan to deal with the situation that threatens your mental health.
The plan will be different for each person and could include any of the following:
- Crisis intervention
- Help to adjust to medications
- Learning healthier coping skills
- Help with social skills
- Linking to your support system
- Help to increase resources
- Help to prevent further crisis
Your Support Team:
- Crisis Workers
- Activity Worker
- Program Manager
We will help you develop a plan to cope with your situation and get the support that you need.
Mobile Crisis Unit (204) 725-4411
Crisis Stabilization Unit (204) 727-2555
Fax (204) 726-4665
Program Manager (204) 725-3108
Toll Free 1-888-379-7699