Residents of Manitoba may access home care for an assessment of eligibility for home care services. Anyone may refer an individual to the Home Care Program for assessment of his or her eligibility. This can be done by contacting the nearest home care office (click here). Assessments are done by case coordinators who are health care professionals. The case coordinator assigned to you will meet with you and your family to discuss your care needs and how best to meet these needs.
This assessment will determine:
- Whether you are eligible for the program;
- How to help you and your family organize the help available to you;
- How to access community resources available to you;
- What services you may require from home care;
- When assessed serves are required in an educational setting or in the workplace;
- Whether your need for care is best met in another care setting.